The users have to be absolutely certain that the hose will not let them down at a critical moment. The failure of a high-pressure hose during operation can be life-threatening. Safety must always be paramount. There can be no compromise whatsoever when it comes to the dependability and quality of the end product.
Fenner Dunlop Manchons are designed for use in a variety of hoses that have fabrics with different types of yarn including polyester and nylon. This means that they can be used for a wide range of applications. Using an almost identical process to that used for Fenner Dunlop EPDM Manchons, Fenner Dunlop Manchons are also available with oil and chemical resistant rubber. More detailed information on the different kinds of oils and chemicals is available on request.
BENEFITS THE KEY ADVANTAGES OF THE Fenner DUNLOP MANCHONS
- Low friction loss as a result of the two-component system (low distortion of the liner surface due to the refashion ability of the adhesion layer during curing);
- Clean processing;
- Solvent and solution free processing;
- High flexibility;
- Long shelf life;
- A large variety of deliverable dimensions;
- Excellent mechanical properties including tensile strength, elongation at break, abrasion resistance and permanent set;
- Outstanding ageing properties when exposed to high or low temperatures; U. V.– radiation, Ozone, Seawater or Chemicals.
STANDARD DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
Liner thickness: 0.55 mm (-0.05/+0.05) | Adhesion layer thickness: 0.25 – 0.35 mm | Total thickness: 0.85 mm (-0.10/+0.10).
More technical information available in the product brochure below.
The adhesion layer gets its mechanical properties during the vulcanization process. The adhesion level of the Fenner Dunlop Manchons will primarily depend on heat transfer (type of curing equipment), yarn type, fabric construction, moisture content of the fabric, cure time, temperature and pressure. The optimum adhesion results are obtained with adhesive activated polyester (PES) or nylon (PA) yarns (3 to 5 N/mm). Generally, mixed fabrics (bare polyester in the wrap and adhesive activated polyester in the weft) are used and give excellent adhesion results (2 to 4 N/mm).